28 March 2012

Soothing

Yup! That's the only word that could describe the pure pleasure I've felt earlier today. Tell me, how often do people these days stop to appreciate and I mean really really appreciate nature? Never, I suppose. That's why they throw things everywhere and anywhere they like. That's why they become easily agitated and irritated.

Have you stopped for a minute to look around you today?

If not, then I would seriously urge you to do so now. Look at the people around you and try to notice what good he or she has brought into your life. And be thankful for that. Look at the material things you own and have and wear and what manner of good it has done you. And be thankful for that too.

Lastly, if you have the chance, look beyond your limited scope of life and see, observe for a minute, just a mere minute: trees or anything green and living. You'll be amazed at how much you can actually learn from beings unmoving and inanimate.

Like today, and how it was raining heavily this morning. I see my fellow friends all running around, some cursing, most slipping trying to get away from the harmless drops of water. What funny beings us humans are I thought. Then I saw the huge trees in front of my eyes. And for a minute, I saw the trees as if dancing for pure joy for the coming of rain. In that same minute, I got to know peace and tranquility. Taught by trees. And I laughed because it made me realise how silly we are for chasing grades and As...

All those are important, but what good is an A when you don't live to learn to appreciate life. I suppose you all may not see where I'm going with this argument. But just know this: in one day, hundreds upon hundreds of us past by that same tree, but of all the hundreds, how many really saw the very thing lying in plain sight? Close to none. And that is the truth. We often look too far, we overlook what is right in front of us. For being taught to see by trees, I am soothed and I can go to sleep better with the hope of meeting the same green tree tomorrow :)

1 comment: