28 May 2014

The shadow of everyday life


اَلسَّلَام عَلَيْكُم وَرَحْمَة اللهِ وَبَرَكَا تُهُ

I am a living embodiment of contradictions. 
I treasure books but I don't read. 
I know time's precious but I often waste it.
I love flowers and greenery but I don't do my part to save it.
I expect trust but I do not give it freely.
I value freedom but I shove myself into a prison.
I hear but I do not listen.
I hear but I do not heed.
I see but I do not believe.
I believe but I lack faith.
I smile but only rarely.
I laugh but only on the outside.
Inside, I cry and weep.
I give with the notion of taking.
I build so that I can one day break.
I say but I rarely do.
I talk but I rarely speak.
I wonder but I do not think.
I yearn for the sun but stay in the shade.
I care but only for myself.
I am man.
And that is (some of) my shadow sides.

-16/4/14-

Source.


No comments:

Post a Comment