28 July 2012

Beating Around


اَلسَّلَامُ عَلَيْكُمْ وَرَحْمَةُ اللهِ وَبَرَكَا تُهُ

Seriously, this may be the most difficult thing to do. To ignore, to run from my urges. But, hey, isn't that what Ramadhan is all about?

This month is a month of training. More specifically, an endurance test for the soul. Sometimes it gets hard, and you just feel like giving up but remember: laa yukallifullahu nafsan illa wus'ahaa :)

Just like an athlete who trains day and night, suffers muscle cramps and injuries after injuries, we too feel the strain on our five senses and a sixth: the soul. However, I believe (just like athletes) we'll come out of this boot camp a better person. The journey will make sure of that.

So, friends, this is a time to either make it or break it. You choose.

And I know, I too find my time sadly constrained by circumstances and responsibilities. I sometimes wonder how almost two months had passed without me finding a time for myself. It seems that my life has been mechanical at least - very routinized and structured, rigid almost to the point of breaking under pressure.

I just hope - and pray - that I can hold on. God-willing, I will.

No comments:

Post a Comment