28 September 2012

3 Part Poet


اَلسَّلَامُ عَلَيْكُمْ وَرَحْمَةُ اللهِ وَبَرَكَا تُهُ

I don't really know how to say things. The right way, that is. So often I have things needed saying but either it comes out wrong or it don't come out at all. Thus the writing and blogging.

People around me say things like "You really like to work on your blog" or "You must love writing" to me. Well they are wrong. I don't like to work on it, though they did get the writing part correct. To put it bluntly, I need this. Words. Why is it you may ask? Because, I find the right words to say and more importantly I can say things that matter most. Words that cannot take form in speech. Words and lines and details that I hope to never forget. Details that I fear I'll not remember. A part of myself that I cannot afford to lose.

I don't mean to sound this way. It just is.

***

Poems. I like them a lot. People continuously read them, treasure them and have a try at deciphering the lines. But they never succeed in getting the right interpretation.

Why?

Because there's none to begin with. Or there's too many interpretations to start from any single one.

Therefore, the poets left us with beautifully written words (or common words used with such style, it becomes a depiction of beauty) open for individual explication.

In one way or another, the words contained herein are similar to poems. My own version of poems. You read it and may try to decipher the true essence of the writing but I don't think anyone has got a true understanding of the story behind it all. Except me and Him.

So here ends it all,
Least for tonight.
Cause tomorrow is a new day,
Full of endings,
Rich of beginnings.
Whose I know not,
but one of us it may well be...

This is not a poem.
This is something for everyone.
 To think about, to reflect upon.

***

Last of all, I stumbled upon this song by accident. Funnily, I knew the part "ease my troubles that's what you do..". Like a distant memory, I remember someone from my childhood singing this song, probably my Mom. Enjoy the song~


But I like the Rod Stewart version better :)

No comments:

Post a Comment