04 October 2011

To Write A Long One

Taking music as my lead, I try, again, to write like I used to. What use is there lying to oneself albeit praises here and praises there. Thanks, but I know my standards have gone down. Way down.

So, people, here we are! A living, breathing specimen to remind you never ever to let yourself be caught up in the trap we so often tread into so purposefully. Don't let yourself fall into it. It's not worth it. Trust me. I've been in that spot a thousand times over and counting.

Now, back to here and now, I wish I could just go with the flow and sink myself into the tunes of Cromok. How I miss sleeping to the soothing sound of string on string, staring at the dark ceiling overhead somehow imagining stars glittered and splattered onto its otherwise dull surface.

You know, I've always dreamt of having a see-through glass ceiling for my home. Ah, what simple pleasure to bring into one's life, right? I know! I'll make that dream come true, insyaAllah.

I can just taste it: the soft bed beneath me, the thick comforter over and around me, the cool breeze of the night air swirling and twisting its way into my lungs. On top of it all, the sea of stars as my ceiling. Yup, I'd like that.

And it's funny how I'm living right now. I can feel it just as real: the hard single bed of mine, the thin blanket that couldn't keep the all-too-cold night air's bite, the not-so-soothing sound of two stand fans and the twist and turn of my body all through the night. What I'd give for a trade...

Then comes the morning sun bringing with it a jolt of surprise, rush, and havoc. Seeing it from a bird's eye perspective, it sure is hilarious as shit. But I can tell you, it's not funny at all when you go through it everyday just to get in the door on time. And when I finally take my seat, relief...

And still, all throughout, the same thousand or so songs on my list play on shuffle. Somehow, every tune relates to me and myself one way or another. Hey! What a discovery! Maybe that's why all these songs end up in my MP3 player. I guess after all that I've been through, one thing's right, and one thing I found to be proven wrong.

The right: Similars attract.
The wrong: Similars attract.

Let's leave it there shall we? I love it when people read and think "What is this guy trying to say?"

Well, shove this down your brain will you: "Just because you don't see it, doesn't mean it's not there. Just because you don't understand it, doesn't mean it's untrue"

1 comment:

  1. dude, i've been missing your writing and stuffs >< ah, music and tune, similars attract : PP

    ReplyDelete